Forza Horizon 5 is one of the most popular games. The gamers love to play the game with a group of friends.
The multi-player features make the game even more interesting.
If you are struggling with the Forza Horizon 5 convoy issue and it is not working for you then you must find a way to fix it.
The good news is that there are many ways that can help you to fix the Forza Horizon 5 can’t join friends’ session issue.
You can read the guide below to find out about the 9 easy fixes that will help you to join and invite friends to Forza Horizon 5.
What is Forza Horizon 5?
Forza Horizon 5 is the latest installment of the Forza Horizon game. It has been a big success and the fans and critics loved the game. The game is equipped with mesmerizing graphics and cars.
The FH5 has everything that players are looking for in a racing game. It will take you through the streets of Mexico and this is where your race will start against other players.
The players will also play against an AI. It features an even bigger map as compared to its predecessors. The game has a Convoy mode that allows you to play the game with your friends.
What is Forza Horizon 5 Multiplayer Mode?
Forza Horizon 5 multi-player mode allows you to connect with your friends online and play this interesting game together.
Some problem has occurred in this mode and a lot of players are facing issues with this mode. They are unable to join the friends’ session and are looking for ways to fix it.
Forza Horizon 5 has a great campaign and the main attraction of the game is the multiplayer mode. FH5 has a convoy mode that helps you to party up with your friends and so many other players online. This feature is bugged for quite some time now.
Many players have reported that they are not able to connect with their friends and are unable to join the convoy.
Here I am going to describe 9 tips of Forza Horizon 5 can’t join friends sessions.
Forza Horizon 5 Multiplayer convoy Fixes
Convoy in Forza Horizon 5 is an online multiplayer mode. In the Forza Horizon 5 convoy mode, you can play the game along with your friends. You can try the following 9 tips to fix the convoy not working issue.
Check your internet connection
If you are unable to join or invite your friends then your internet connection may not be working properly.
There are times when your internet connection is slow and unstable. This can make your game stop and the modes in the game are also affected.
You will need a stable connection to join the convoy so it is best to check your connection again.
It is best to use a wired/Ethernet connection as this will help you to connect to the server easily.
This type of connection is also fast and allows you to play video games with ease. The wireless internet connections are not that fast and don’t let you connect to video games fast and quickly.
The stability of your internet connection and its speed play an important role in making your convoy mode active. This is why it is best to check your internet connection and its stability.
Restart your game or device
Restarting your game will help you to reboot the system. There are times when the convoy mode gets stuck. If you restart your device, then it will help you to keep the game moving again.
This fix can help you to make the convoy mode active. You can restart the game and load it all over again to make this mod work. You can also try to restart your device to fix this issue.
Check your Xbox server connectivity
Checking your server connectivity can help you to activate this mode. In order to do this, you have to press the Windows key and type settings.
- This will take you to the Gaming section.
- Under the Xbox Networking tab, you must check the NAT type and Server connectivity.
- If it is showing an error, then it means then there is an issue with it.
- If you get the message, “Teredo is unable to qualify” then you should check the Teredo Troubleshooting page to solve this issue from your system.
- Now if your friends have disappeared from the section, then go to the festival and enter it.
Exit in a few minutes and return back to get the best results. By this you can fix Forza Horizon 5 can’t join friends sessions.
Whitelist Forza Horizon 5 on Antivirus
If you want to fix the Forza Horizon the best idea is to check the file application on antivirus software. When there is a problem or a bug inside the game it will not run properly.
You can simply remove the viruses and get them started without wasting any time.
These are some important steps that you can follow:
- Go to the start menu and settings.
- Find the update and security feature.
- Click on the windows security.
- The next step is to select the firewall and choose network protection.
- Users can now select ‘allow’ on the app with the help of the firewall option.
Once you are done with the steps above now check the forzahorizon5.exe file after browsing. You can find it directly in the folder where the game is installed. After that click on Ok and add it.
In case you are using other third-party antiviruses make sure you add this exception to your file.
Contact Forza Horizon Support
If you feel that none of the tips are working in your favor why not contact Forza Horizon support? They can guide and give further assistance that you are looking for.
You can send them the required details through your screenshots.
If this isn’t enough you can send log files to the support team and ask for assistance. The developers of this game can easily find the reason for your problem.
Disable IPv6 Connection Protocol
Users are recommended to first disable the IPv6 protocol on their computer. It is easily seen under the network properties section. If your internet doesn’t support this connection you need to disable it first.
After that you need to follow these simple steps:
- The first step is to Press the Windows + I keys. It will help you open the settings.
- Click on the network and internet right from the left side of the window.
- Move to the status and click on change adapter options.
- Next is right-clicking on the network connection that you use currently.
- Users will now have to select the properties and look for the internet protocol version.
- You can simply choose Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) from the list.
- Make sure you either uncheck or disable the option here and click to save these changes.
- Finally, it’s time to reboot your PC and apply the changes that you have made.
Repair Game Files
If the game file is missing or corrupt on your PC it can cause many issues with the game. When the game is not connecting with the servers you cannot play it. This is not necessary that you get a specific error message while playing the game.
However, you can click on the game file or DirectX to check further details. It is not necessary for the gamers to get a warning or error message in most cases.
Here is what you can do:
- Launch steam and click on the library.
- Right-click on Forza Horizon 5 from your list of installed games.
- Now click on properties and choose some local files.
- You can now click to verify the integrity of game files.
- Just wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer to save the changes.
Update Forza Horizon 5
If you are experiencing any problem in your game it is best to update it. When you use the latest version there are hardly any bugs in it.
You can periodically fix all the problems and make your connection compatible without any hard work. If the patch of the game is outdated it can lead to many issues.
Usually, the new updates and improvements in the game will make it easy for the users to play it.
Here is what you can do:
- Launch the steam client on your PC and go to the library.
- Click on the game from the left side.
- If you see that an update is available do it right away.
Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
You can also perform the power cycle tip that is suitable for your Wi-Fi connector.
This tip will also help you keep the harmful viruses away and keep the game going. There are a lot of tips that you can use but this one is very effective.
Here are the following steps that you can use to prevent connectivity issues.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router and unplug it from the power adapter.
- Just wait for a few minutes and plug it back into the power cable right inside the router.
- Finally, you can turn the power on the router and check for any issues with the connectivity.
Here I have completed a list of Forza Horizon 5 can’t join friends sessions.