Subtitles are the text that you see at the bottom of videos. They are mostly in English but they can be generated in any other language as well. Depending on your preferred language. They are usually on movies, TV shows, or YouTube videos. Here I’ll share a guide on how can you add subtitles to video.
Adding subtitles to your videos makes it easy for people belonging to different regions of the world to watch your content as well.
Let’s take a look at why subtitles are important.
Why are subtitles important to add?
- Subtitles make it easy for you to comprehend what has been said in the video. So technically it improves the comprehension of the things being said.
- Sometimes you can turn on the audio of the video. So to understand the things beings said subtitles are very much needed.
- Certain videos have very low audio and people who are deaf are unable to hear the audio. So subtitles are important for such kinds of people.
- Not everyone understands the language being spoken on the screen. So subtitles are important for such people to understand the things being said on the screen.
Now that we have understood why it I important to have subtitles on your videos. Now let’s take a look at how to add subtitles to your videos for free.
In this article, I have added two simple ways to add subtitles to your video for absolutely free. YouTube has own policy to add or use the subtitle to your videos.
So stick around till the end of the article to find out how. I have also added a step-by-step guide on how to carry out those two methods as well.
Method no.1: Add subtitles to video for free with the help of a software
There is much software available online which will help you to add subtitles to your videos one of the widely used software to add subtitles to your video is windows movie maker. It is used by many users all over the world.
Follow the steps to learn how to add subtitles to your videos.
- Step no.1: Import your videos to movie maker software.
- Step no.2: Add the subtitles to the imported video by adding text to your video with the help of the text option.
- Step no.3: Once you have added the subtitles, save your video which contains the subtitles.
- Step no.4: now upload it wherever you want. And gain views.
Method no.2: Online on YouTube
You can use the YouTube subtitle tool to add subtitles to your YouTube videos. Here’s how you can do it.
- Step no.1: Open your YouTube and go to create studio > video manager > videos.
- Step no.2: Now select the video you would like to edit. Now click on the drop-down menu right next to edit and click on subtitle/CC.
- Step no.3: Now tap on add new subtitle option.
- Step no.4: Choose the language of your subtitles.
- Step no.5: Now click on create new subtitle or CC option.
- Step no.6: Enter your subtitles and drag them to the start of the video. And once done publish your video.
This is how you can add subtitles to videos for free.